This, dear readers, is not how Eve players behave.
Eve players are wily – they dodge scams and thefts on a daily basis (when they’re not perpetrating one themselves), and have learned not to trust anyone else. So, I am saddened and disappointed at the rampant wide-eyed naivete displayed recently about all the magnificent changes that will happen in Eve Real Soon Now ™.
To give you a quick dose of Standard Reality Booster, let me present, from the hazy past of forgotten promises and missed deadlines… Fanfest 2009.
Fanfest 2009 Highlights
- COSMOS social network (later renamed to Eve Gate) DELIVERED but terrible
- Tech III Frigates NOT DELIVERED
- Tech III Loot / Modules NOT DELIVERED
- Fleet formations NOT DELIVERED
- Alliance Treaties NOT DELIVERED
- Comet Mining NOT DELIVERED
- Planetary Interaction DELIVERED eventually
- Planetary Interaction feature development NOT DELIVERED
- Dust 514 NOT DELIVERED
- Incarna NOT DELIVERED
- New Doomsday weapons DELIVERED
- Multiple displays DELIVERED
- Dominion Sovereignty changes DELIVERED then not iterated upon
And there’s likely many more broken promises buried in round-table discussions, such as the Eve font, corporation logos on ships (2007!), faction warfare and so forth. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
So, settle down, take a deep breath and stop believing everything you see.
Or if you can’t do that, I have a station in Delve that I’m willing to sell you for a very reasonable price…